Based in Stockholm, Sweden
5th April 2019
"Waybinder" is an interactive novella: a work of occult fantasy which explores ritual witchcraft, the nature of journeys, and what it might mean to shape destinies both large and small. Its setting, Arshean, was once a cursed place; its inhabitants scattered to the four winds. Generations later, practitioners have returned to establish the imbued city of Baile Arainn. Within its protective walls, bond-architect Cormac Giphert strives at last to make his mark in the field, using ritual magic to shape the destiny of an entire city. But when disaster strikes at its very arteries, he may find himself having to heal and reform more than he bargained for.
"Waybinder" results from its creator's interests in witchcraft, urban spaces and languages. It came to life after work on a larger project called for a map, and thus a wider city setting. "Waybinder" is a space in which players can explore the fracturing of that world at its beginning.
- Guide an entire city towards its inauguration, in a ritual of your discovery and making
- Explore four main, interwoven branches — each a destiny waiting to be formed
- Meet a diverse cast of characters, some of whom speak a language which is not necessarily your own
- The adventure unfolds in continuous format, there to be read back as a short story if so desired
- Features content written in gàidhlig (Scots Gaelic), complete with pronunciation guides for English-speakers
There are currently no trailers available for Waybinder. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Yonderplay Showcase 2019" Nordic Game Conference, 24 May, 2019
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at http:.
About Metrowitch Interactive
Metrowitch Interactive is a solo 'indie' effort by Gemma Thomson — making inclusive, narrative-driven games with an urban-occult twist.
More information on Metrowitch Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Writer, Designer, Artist